UPS monitoring software and APC and Tripp lite UPSs

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Tue Nov 13 01:31:14 UTC 2012

Well my APC smart1400 has died, shorted battery.  So I am in the market
for a new unit.

I could get another APC 1400, but part of the reason it died was I was
not monitoring it to note a battery had failed.  And I was not
monitoring it because it uses serial connection for the monitoring system.

So I am looking at what I might get with a USB monitoring port, either
APC or TrippLite and what software would work on Fedora.

Can anyone give me the benefit of their experiences?