UPS monitoring software and APC and Tripp lite UPSs

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Tue Nov 13 12:57:16 UTC 2012

On 11/13/2012 03:21 AM, Fernando Cassia wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 10:31 PM, Robert Moskowitz
> <rgm at htt-consult.com <mailto:rgm at htt-consult.com>> wrote:
>
>     Well my APC smart1400 has died, shorted battery.  So I am in the
>     market for a new unit.
>

> And replacing the battery is impossible because?

I suspect the charging circuit is fried.   The spot where the board is
is very hot!  Like burn hand hot.

I WAS able to pry out the battery tray, and it is running in line
conditioner mode (something I really need) for now.  But I can't see
spending the money for new batteries only to have find out that the ups
continues to overheat and reset itself.