Fedora support for laplets

Lailah lailahfsf at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 13:43:34 UTC 2012

El lun, 12-11-2012 a las 16:29 -0600, Robert Moskowitz escribió:

> On 11/12/2012 07:55 AM, Lailah wrote:
>

> > El dom, 11-11-2012 a las 11:53 -0500, Bill Davidsen escribió:
> >
> > > I see a lot of vendors are putting out hybrid tablet-laptops with a touch screen
> > > which flips, and traditional keyboard, which can be used in a number of ways,
> > > including as a tablet. Has anyone gotten experience with using Fedora on such a
> > > machine, and if so how (if at all) was the touch feature supported?
> > >
> > > I've seen reasonably nice units from Dell and Lenovo, but no nice salespeople
> > > who would let me boot them from thumb drive.

Oh, I will explain a little bit more.

        I have a netbook that, originally, came with an Ubuntu 10.04.  I
try other Linux distributions until I choose Fedora 16.  In this Fedora,
Verne, battery life was fine.  Not the better but fine.  But when I
installed Fedora 17, was other story.  My battery life was markedly
shorter.  To install Jupiter improved energy consumption.  That's all.
May be I failed finding tools to save energy...

I hope this clarified your doubts.

Regards,
Lailah