DVD drive polling

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Wed Nov 14 05:24:29 UTC 2012

(I'm breaking this out into another thread, as it doesn't belong to the
firewall one.)

Allegedly, on or about 13 November 2012, lee sent:
> I still haven't even found a way to disable the DVD-drive polling.
> Where is the configuration for that?  Or what makes the light flash all
> the time?

I don't see that, here.  Fedora 17, kernel details in my signature,
running Gnome in the fallback mode, mostly the default install from the
live disk for 64-bit, with a few extra applications.  My DVD drive is
PATA, you should say what yours is.  It may make a difference.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -rsvp
Linux 3.6.6-1.fc17.x86_64 #1 SMP Mon Nov 5 21:59:35 UTC 2012 x86_64

public lists.