[Solved] System fonts are all messed up ????

Steve linuxguy123 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 18:32:50 UTC 2012

> On 11/10/2012 10:11 AM, Steve wrote:
>> F16 install, KDE, fully up to date.
>>
>> Did an upgrade to F17 via the F17 DVD.
>>
>> Now all the system fonts are messed up, size wise.  All of them are
>> way too large.
>>
>> On the session login screen, for example, the font size in the
>> Username and Password fields are so big that the letters overflow the
>> height of the box.
>>
>> This problem exists everywhere in the session where system fonts are
>> used.
>>
>> Application fonts seem to be fine and are easily adjusted with
>> KDE->System Settings-> Application Appearance -> Fonts.
>>
>> I cannot figure out where to adjust the size of the system fonts.
>>
>> I have half a dozen Linux systems running F17, all upgraded via the
>> DVD and this is the only one with this problem.
>>
>> What do I do to fix this issue ?
>>
>> Thanks in advance.
The problem lie in my /etc/X11/xorg.conf file.

Initially it contained the following to use the proprietary nvidia driver.

# RPM Fusion - nvidia-xorg.conf
#
Section "Device"
         Identifier  "Videocard0"
         Driver      "nvidia"
EndSection

Adding   Option     "DPI" "96 x 96"  fixed my font problem.   All is
well again.