[OT] Microsoft Bashing

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Fri Nov 16 18:20:25 UTC 2012

Arthur Dent wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I was sitting in a dentist's waiting room and I came across this article
> from the August 2012 (really!) edition of Vanity Fair.
>
> http://www.vanityfair.com/business/2012/08/microsoft-lost-mojo-steve-ballmer
>
> I know we all love to hate Microsoft, but after reading this I *almost*
> felt sorry for them. I guess many of you know all this, but I found it
> quite interesting reading.
>
> Good ammunition for all you Microsoft bashers...

I just saw that Win8 has ads built-in to the "free" apps they provide, thus you
pay for the software and then pay and pay and pay in time and screen real estate
while MSFT just keeps ringing the cash register. At least Android apps usually
have a free (with ads) and paid (no ad) version to choose.

And their new DRM patent pretty much eliminates any privacy you ever thought you
had. That is about the most evil thing I've seen, it make 1984 look respectful
by comparison.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>