DNS problems this morning - CORRECTION

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sat Nov 17 15:44:47 UTC 2012

Am 17.11.2012 16:25, schrieb lee:
> Networkmanager is forcibly installed by default and breaks things when
> you do that --- add that to the list of problems.  It should either use
> its own independent way or operate according to the information provided
> in such files instead of messing things up when you edit them.
>
> The way it is, it's broken by design.  Fedora should either fix it or
> deprecate it

deprecate what?
network.service?

works for me since forever and now like a charme

[root at srv-rhsoft:~]$ rpm -qa | grep -i networkmanager
NetworkManager-glib-0.9.6.4-2.fc17.x86_64

the DEFAULT IS NetworkManager
most users have no clue about networks at all
they are mostly fine with it

the advanced users should be easily able to configure
it like the they want or they are not advanced

the root problem is trying to make anything going
automatically detected and useable without reading
documentations and trying to understand how the system
works which will NEVER be successful over the long and
should NOT be the target for linux

for users which bothers about nothing there are two
other operating systems, no need to have a third one
while the try to saitisfy any usergroup makes the lifes
of advanced users learning how their system works very
hard by wasting their knowledge permanently with rough
changes - on a well designed system you should not need
read manpages for the same things every few months again