F17: How to restore EFI (for Mac) grub.conf (after grub2-mkconfig issue)

Gottfried Haider gottfried.haider at gmail.com
Sun Nov 18 10:03:16 UTC 2012

Hello all,

I am running Fedora 17 on a MacBook Air. Since I needed to change the
kernel command line, I made changes to /etc/default/grub and
(following documentation) tried to update the grub.conf by running
grub2-mkconfig (-c /boot/efi/EFI/redhat/grub.conf).

This prevented my system from booting (legacy grub only showed me the
prompt). I've since manually hacked together a grub.conf that can at
least boot the system again, but that leads me to the question:

How can I restore the original (post-install) grub.conf for my EFI install?

Thanks in advance
Gottfried