Hack attacks

Alan Cox alan at lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk
Mon Nov 19 12:04:42 UTC 2012

> Indeed. Most of the time they are not going to give a crap about a
> simple abuse report, let alone do anything to stop spam/bruteforcing.
>
> Maybe the American and British ISPs but not the others.

The ISPs are mostly not in the loop, but some of them certainly do care
or collate reports. The end business is also likely to care especially
as in Europe there have now been successful lawsuits for negligence
against companies who left 0wned machines knowingly online unfixed.

(I'm amazed the US hasn't been busy with such things as I usually think
of 'someone must be at fault, someone must be sued' as a US tradition)

Alan