New system - need help with <alt-tab>

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Mon Nov 19 15:24:55 UTC 2012

I killed my old system (f16) with a bottle of pepsi last week at IEEE
802 :(  Was rather interesting to do my 'slides' on paper and run off
copies at the business center!

Well I have a new system; basically the same Lenovo x120e, but with the
duo core.  I installed f17 and have been rsyncing files off the old
drive onto this system.  Most importantly my mail folders!

But the joy is getting Gnome 3 customized.  I did NOT do a good job of
note taking last time around with f16.  I have one critical challenge
for right now and that is <alt-tab> behavor.  I did install
gnome-shell-extension-alternate-tab, but this seems to have made things
worst.  Now it just lists ALL of my tasks and switches me between
workspaces install of <alt-tab> ONLY in the current workspace.

So what do I still need to add.  Right now with the way <alt-tab> is
behaving, I am better off with the default.  But I DID have it working
rather well on the old system.  Just have to learn the right tools to
install and the right magic selections.

Thanks for your help.