Yumex issue on new install

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Mon Nov 19 19:24:04 UTC 2012

I finally broke down and replaced F16 with F17 on my laptop with a clean
install, except for /home.  The good news is that the boot issue went
away, proving that it was a software issue not a kernel issue.  The bad
news is that after installing yumex I can't get it to run.  It asks me
to authenticate, but always fails, claiming the password's wrong.  I
know that I haven't forgotten the root password because it's the same
one I used to install yumex.

I'm not at that computer right now, but I did have a thought: just on a
whim, when I set up my user I made it an Admin, putting it in the wheel
group.  (I'm not sure why; when I was customizing my install I made sure
sudo wasn't installed because I have no use for it.  [I'd feel
differently, of course, if this were a production box.])  Could it be
expecting me to use my password instead of root's?  If so, I'll take a
moment and remove myself from wheel because it really doesn't matter one
way or the other as long as I'm the only person who ever uses it.