What are these for?

lee lee at yun.yagibdah.de
Wed Nov 21 12:24:49 UTC 2012

Richard Hughes <hughsient at gmail.com> writes:

> On 21 November 2012 11:37, lee <lee at yun.yagibdah.de> wrote:
>> It certainly does decrease security getting users used to enter the root
>> password everywhere.  Polkit should be deprecated.
>
> "man polkit" is your friend.

Is it?  It doesn't really tell me much and won't change the problem that
getting users used to enter the root password everywhere decreases
security.  What's the point of it?  I'm logged in as root in one of the
tmux windows and when I need to do something as root, I just do it in
there.

It reminds me of the question of the installer if I want to give the
ordinary user administrative permissions.  If I did that, I couldn't use
that account for anything else but such administrative things just like
roots account and there isn't any point in having it.  That feature
should be removed along with polkit to increase security.

--
Fedora 17