why does this rsync commands copy again the same files?

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Thu Nov 22 21:10:04 UTC 2012

Am 22.11.2012 22:02, schrieb Andras Simon:
> 2012/11/22, Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net>:
>>

>> Am 22.11.2012 21:41, schrieb M. Fioretti:
>>> Greetings,
>>>
>>> I am running Fedora 16 x86_64. When I connect an external USB drive
>>> and rsync to it my pictures with this command:
>>>
>>> rsync -rvt --delete --no-o --no-g /home/z/photo/ /media/Verbatim/photo
>>
>> this command has a error
>> the last aparm is missing a trailing slash
>
> Why would that be an error?

because i had enough cases with rsync over different partitions
where the missing trailing slash resulted in copy the whole data
to the source partition and fill it up

i did not research the exatc reason because it is and was
enough for me to realize that this NEVER happens if using
a trailing slash EVERYTIME when folders are used