f17 - k3b and mp3

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Fri Nov 23 00:00:33 UTC 2012

I had instructions for f16 from T.C. to do the following after checking
that libmad was install:

All of the k3b plugins inappropriate for Fedora are packed in the
"k3b-extras-freeworld" package in RPMFusion-Free.  Install that and
run 'kbuildsycoca4 --noincremental' and you'll be all set.

So I installed k3b-extras-freeworld then ran the kbuild...  and got the
following errors:

# kbuildsycoca4 --noincremental
kbuildsycoca4 running...
kbuildsycoca4(7783) VFolderMenu::loadDoc: Parse error in
"/root/.config/menus/applications-merged/xdg-desktop-menu-dummy.menu" ,
line  1 , col  1 :  "unexpected end of file"
kbuildsycoca4(7783) KConfigGroup::readXdgListEntry: List entry
Categories in "/usr/share/applications/fedora-release-notes.desktop" is
not compliant with XDG standard (missing trailing semicolon).

I started up k3b and did not get the mp3 warning.  Is the kbuild no
longer needed or did it do its job before the errors or am I still
messed up????