UEFI is a POS

Edik Landaveri elwanka at gmail.com
Fri Nov 23 20:32:25 UTC 2012

On Fri, Nov 23, 2012 at 08:27:55AM -0600, Michael Cronenworth wrote:
Gary,

Installing a desktop environment & unistalling other shouldn't have had to screw up your boot sector. I think what you did is inadvertdly changed your bios settings. If it was working before and after that no. Do you remember having played with the BIOS settings? You can disable EFI on the BIOS if you wish. Maybe that's how was installed and then you changed. Once in a while I have a similar issue which I pinpointed to be the same, so I go back && change it to defaults & it works.

Cheers,

Edik