SCP problem -

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Sat Nov 24 20:42:08 UTC 2012

On Sat, Nov 24, 2012 at 09:29:08PM +0100, Reindl Harald wrote:
> if would use rsync instead of scp for many reasons
> rsync -ztPrlHpogEAX  bobg at box8:/home/bobg/ /run/media/bobg/Simple/Box8BkU/

+1 to using rsync. Although, instead of that alphabet soup, I would just use
"rsync -avP" adding H and X if necesary for hardlinks and xattrs only if
there's anything special in your source. The "a" stands for "archive" and
includes most everything else. "v" is for verbose. And "P" does two things:
prints status updates, and transfers files in a way that can be continued
automatically if you stop and restart.