Iced Tea out of date?

Gordon Messmer yinyang at eburg.com
Sun Nov 25 22:57:50 UTC 2012

On 11/25/2012 02:40 PM, Fernando Cassia wrote:
> Chrome is the only browser where launching a Java Web Start app (jnlp)
> is a totally ugly experience (it brings the download dialog to the
> foreground)... or did, I stopped using it because of that.

To be fair, most JNLP applications include native code that run outside
of the Java sandbox.  That's not intrinsic to JNLP, but in practice
that's almost always the case.  Native code bundled and launched through
JNLP is no more secure than Active X.  JNLP is in practice a huge
security hole, and should be treated as such.