Iced Tea out of date?

Gordon Messmer yinyang at eburg.com
Sun Nov 25 23:15:46 UTC 2012

On 11/25/2012 02:58 PM, Fernando Cassia wrote:
> You *authorize* it to run, and it features code signing.

Yes, but there's no good reason to streamline the process of
authorization over-much.  There is no reason to believe that the vast
majority of users are qualified to recognize valid digital signatures.
Even very technical users are often fooled by bad signatures.  The
entire model has proven itself to be flawed; only the sandbox really
works.  Google hasn't broken Web Start apps in Chrome.  They still work.
  I don't fault them at all for not focusing on making that a
streamlined user experience.  I recognize that your opinion is otherwise.