F17 yum not updating

Beartooth beartooth at comcast.net
Mon Nov 26 16:14:55 UTC 2012

On Mon, 26 Nov 2012 22:26:53 +0800, Ed Greshko wrote:

> On 11/26/2012 10:11 PM, Beartooth wrote:
>> 	I've never really gotten my head clear around the concept of a
>> path. What am I doing wrong here? How & where do I fix it? And how did
>> I get into this?
>>

> Ahhh, what?   Did you forget to add more detail?

	I meant to paste this into the post, thought I had, sorry :

[root at localhost ~]# yum update
Loaded plugins: aliases, changelog, downloadonly, fastestmirror,
              : presto, refresh-packagekit, security, tmprepo, verify,
              : versionlock
 * base: mirrors.greenmountainaccess.net
 * c6-media:
 * centosplus: centos.mirror.constant.com
 * extras: mirror.cogentco.com
 * rpmforge: mirror.teklinks.com
 * rpmforge-extras: mirror.teklinks.com
 * rpmfusion-free-updates: mirror.liberty.edu
 * rpmfusion-nonfree-updates: mirror.liberty.edu
 * updates: centos.mirror.nac.net
base                                            | 3.7 kB     00:00
file:///media/CentOS/repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno 14] Could not open/read
file:///media/CentOS/repodata/repomd.xml
Trying other mirror.
file:///media/cdrecorder/repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno 14] Could not open/
read file:///media/cdrecorder/repodata/repomd.xml
Trying other mirror.
file:///media/cdrom/repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno 14] Could not open/read
file:///media/cdrom/repodata/repomd.xml
Trying other mirror.
Error: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository:
c6-media. Please verify its path and try again
You have new mail in /var/spool/mail/root
[root at localhost ~]#