Using HDMI with Radeon and fc17

Alex mysqlstudent at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 16:24:02 UTC 2012

Hi,

>> The HDMI that is connected to the HDTV is in another room. The
>> intention was to run a 30' HDMI cable and a 30' USB cable for another
>> wireless USB keyboard to the other room, so I could access my PC from
>> that other room.
>
> Are you testing under those conditions?  Because long cables can cause
> problems.  It may be useful to test with shorter leads.

Yes, I should have mentioned that the USB is powered, so it's designed
to extend to 30'. The HDMI cable is also built to support 30ft
lengths. It's here at monoprice.com if you're interested:

http://tinyurl.com/8heznh4

I don't think the cable is the issue. There's no signal drop-out or
other after-effects you might expect from a signal issue.

Does anyone know anything about whether the AMD Radeon driver would be
necessary, or does the Xorg one support all the necessary features?
I'm just debating whether it's worth the aggravation I've experienced
in the past working with it on fc15.

Thanks,
Alex