F17 yum not updating

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Mon Nov 26 17:08:35 UTC 2012

Allegedly, on or about 26 November 2012, Beartooth sent:

> [root at localhost ~]# yum update
> Loaded plugins: aliases, changelog, downloadonly, fastestmirror,
>               : presto, refresh-packagekit, security, tmprepo, verify,
>               : versionlock
>  * base: mirrors.greenmountainaccess.net
>  * c6-media:
>  * centosplus: centos.mirror.constant.com
>  * extras: mirror.cogentco.com
>  * rpmforge: mirror.teklinks.com
>  * rpmforge-extras: mirror.teklinks.com
>  * rpmfusion-free-updates: mirror.liberty.edu
>  * rpmfusion-nonfree-updates: mirror.liberty.edu
>  * updates: centos.mirror.nac.net
> base                                            | 3.7 kB     00:00
> file:///media/CentOS/repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno 14] Could not open/read
> file:///media/CentOS/repodata/repomd.xml
> Trying other mirror.
> file:///media/cdrecorder/repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno 14] Could not open/
> read file:///media/cdrecorder/repodata/repomd.xml
> Trying other mirror.
> file:///media/cdrom/repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno 14] Could not open/read
> file:///media/cdrom/repodata/repomd.xml
> Trying other mirror.
> Error: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository:
> c6-media. Please verify its path and try again

Hmm, I didn't know you could incorporate CentOS repos into Fedora, but
no mind, the obvious error is that it can't read the files.

Are those file:// links for CentOS returned from a WWW server, or are
they *your* local files for CentOS?

If it's coming from a internet mirror, it's broken.  Try another one, or
inform them of the fault.

If you're including your own /media/CentOS/something... along with
internet repos:
Is /media/CentOS mounted?
Can you read those files with anything else?

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -rsvp
Linux 3.6.7-4.fc17.x86_64 #1 SMP Tue Nov 20 19:40:01 UTC 2012 x86_64

public lists.