f17 - minimal + gnome :: init 5 does not work

James Wilkinson fedora at aprilcottage.co.uk
Tue Nov 27 22:03:37 UTC 2012

Robert Moskowitz wrote:
> Ah, startx.  well I don't think it was installed as I typed in start
> and hit the tab and nothing completed.  I have since done a
> reinstall and figured out how to 'properly' get gnome installed.

Did you hit tab twice?

If there are multiple possible completions, bash will only complete as
far as it can. Which means if you’ve got something like
    $ ls /bin/start*
    /bin/start-pulseaudio-kde  /bin/start-pulseaudio-x11  /bin/startx
for example, then bash doesn’t know whether it should complete to startx
or start-pulseaudio-*, so it does nothing.

If you hit tab twice, bash will show all the options.

Hope this helps,

James.

--
E-mail:     james@ | [Computer] chips consume power, and in return they give
aprilcottage.co.uk | you heat and a few electrons in the right places.