how to remove Gnome and leave or install KDE?

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Wed Nov 28 02:49:05 UTC 2012

> You can use KDE perfectly well without removing Gnome (that's what I
> do). If you only want KDE and not Gnome, you can install the KDE spin
> available from fedoraproject.org.

Or, if you really want to customize things, you can do what I did when I
did a complete re-install on my laptop: I installed from the DVD,
selected Customize Now and installed the DE I prefer (Xfce) instead of
Gnome.  Not only did it avoid Gnome, it let me pick and choose instead
of giving me only what's on the LiveCD.