How to start qalculate-kde and/or kruler minimized to tray

Jonathan Ryshpan jonrysh at pacbell.net
Wed Nov 28 14:31:32 UTC 2012

On Thu, 2012-07-19 at 20:35 -0500, Rex Dieter wrote:
> Jonathan Ryshpan wrote:
>
> > How can qalculate-kde and/or kruler be started minimized in the KDE
> > tray?
>
> kstart --iconify qalculate-kde
> kstart --iconify kruler

After all this time I finally tried taking Rex D.'s advice.  I found
     1. It's a VERY bad idea to run kstart without using either the
        --window or --windowclass option.  Strange things happen.
     2. Qalculate-kde no longer goes into the system tray, because
	"Close to system tray" is no longer active in
	Qalc->Edit->Configure Qalculate!

Thanks - jon