annotate pdf files - best options for use with F17?

sguazt marco.guazzone at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 10:37:31 UTC 2012

On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 11:30 AM, Ian Chapman
<packages at amiga-hardware.com>wrote:

> On 29/11/12 22:08, Ranjan Maitra wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am required to annotate a pdf file for proof-reading and I was
>> wondering what users would recommend for easy use with Fedora 17. I
>> looked online some and came up with xournal, PDFescape, Crocodoc: the
>> last two are some online resource. I tried xournal but was not
>> impressed.
>>
>> Any suggestions?
>>

> Have you tried Okular? (yum install okular). It supports annotations.

For years I looked for a such tool.
Now, I am very happy with the free tool PDF-XChange Viewer:

http://www.tracker-software.com/product/pdf-xchange-viewer

I use it with Wine, and it works great!

Note, if you have Fedora 17 64bit, you still have to install wine.i686
(otherwise you can get errors during file saving)

Best,

-- Marco