NFS4 problems -

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Fri Nov 30 18:07:02 UTC 2012

On 12/01/2012 12:17 AM, Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA wrote:
> On 30/11/12 10:50, Ed Greshko wrote:
>> I think what you're going to find is that on box8 you have this line....
>>
>> /nfs4exports    192.168.0.0/24(ro,wdelay,insecure,root_squash,no_subtree_check,fsid=0)
>>
>> And since you've specified 192.168.1.8:/nfs4exports/home in your fstab it is as it says.... read-only.
>
>    I guess I misunderstood that part also, thought making "home" rw
>    should suffice. Ok, I'm over that hurdle thanks to you once more.
>    With that line changed to rw I was able to copy files between the
>    servers.

I don't know that that is the "proper" way to "fix" the problem.  2AM, so not very clear on the implications of making that change.

What I think you really should do is change the fstab entries to....

192.168.1.8:/home   /mnt/HOME1   nfs4   defaults,rw,user  0 0
192.168.1.8:/data    /mnt/DATA1    nfs4    defaults,rw,user  0 0