No subject

Thu Nov 22 16:31:42 UTC 2012

So far I cannot find one for my eth0.
Maybe that is because my network card is the motherboard.
My ifcfg-eth0 does not mention a UUID.
network-functions does have UUID.
get_uuid_by_config seems to be at least one way to fetch a value,
but I don't understand it.

uuidgen emits a UUID to standard out.
It does not directly affect any NIC.

> On 01/09/2013 01:09 PM, Ed Greshko wrote:
>> On 01/09/2013 10:55 AM, Khemara Lyn wrote:
>>> Dear All,
>>>
>>> Sorry if this had been covered before.
>>>
>>> How can I set or get the UUID for a NIC? I have installed new system,
> initially with a single NIC; now I've added another NIC and would like to
> create a new UUID to be used in the new network-script file (e.g. ifcfg-em2).

>> Simply run uuidgen to create one

whom I teach not to run with scissors,
that my fiance ran me through with a broadsword."  --  Lily