Choosing window manager for fc17

Alex mysqlstudent at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 23:51:42 UTC 2012

Hi,

Some time ago I installed fc15 with gnome3 in fallback mode, I believe
it was called? Anyway, I'm working on migrating to fc17, and would
like to get an idea of other window managers that might now be
available, since from what I hear, gnome3 still sucks.

I'll probably install fc17 in a vm first to play around for a while,
so thought someone might know of a resource that describes the latest
window managers?

I have an ATI Radeon HD 5760, I believe. How well supported is that
now? I'm upgrading primarily because I can't get the HDMI output to
work on fc15, and really hope it's progressed since then.

I've searched for a window manager HOWTO, but haven't been able to
find much, so any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Alex