A note on youtube-dl

nomnex nomnex at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 01:33:56 UTC 2012

> On Mon, 01 Oct 2012 17:26:21 -0400
> Doug <dmcgarrett at optonline.net> wrote:
>
> On 10/1/2012 5:04 AM, Frank Murphy wrote:
> > On 30/09/12 11:22, Marko Vojinovic wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi folks! :-)
> >>
> >> Just a small note... I just tried and found out that the
> >> youtube-dl doesn't
> >> work anymore. Reading the youtube-dl FAQ page, it says that
> >> YouTube has changed the protocol again (since September 2012) and
> >> that we should update
> >> the script to the latest version.
> >
> > Never had a problem with:
> > http://www.downloadhelper.net/
> >
> > hth other ff users
> I went to the link to download the downloadhelper, but I couldn't
> find a download
> button anywhere, and I don't want some fink software messing with my
> registry
> or trying to sell me something I don't want or need.  Where can I go
> to just download the downloadhelper AND NOTHING ELSE?
>
> --doug

I never liked downloadhelper. It is what w$ndows is to Fedora. An ugly
bloat for the mass. From the web page, the animated icons, to the
intrusive pre-sets (it creates a dir in your /home without even
asking...).

You could try flashgot.
http://flashgot.net/
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/flashgot/
you can download everything, or a single file, at different bit rates,
from a right click. It's from Maone, the dev. of the NoScript add-on.

--
nomnex <nomnex at gmail.com>
Freenode: nomnex