Need help

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Wed Oct 3 02:47:30 UTC 2012

On 10/02/2012 07:30 PM, Geoffrey Leach wrote:
> First, what _exactly_is the symptom. All the traceroute shows is how to
> get to the site. Connecting with a browser proves that the site exists.
> Neither has any necessary connection with your problem.

In this case I agree, especially as I had no problems getting there via
traceroute.  However, there are lots of cases where you can find out
just where your connectivity issue (including packet loss) is located.
Back when I did tech support for an ISP, I had callers do this type of
thing all the time in tracking down problems.