FF 15.0.1 crashing!

Sergio sergiocmailbox-userlist at yahoo.com.br
Wed Oct 3 18:13:13 UTC 2012

> Hi Jack. If you aleady tried mentioned safe-mode variant,
> also try to
> look at about:crashes or local (cd ~/.mozilla/firefox/"Crash
> Reports")
> to find out what really happens. If no luck then
> 1) close FF, check with ps -ef | grep firefox in terminal(it
> may be
> still running), then run yum reinstall firefox xulrunner
> 2) run firefox -ProfileManager, create fresh profile ex.
> test, then
> fire it up with firefox -P test --no-remote
> 3) visit your everyday sites or do what you usually did,
> when this
> issue started to happen and open about:memory to monitor
> your FF
> status. Maybe there is some plugin incompatibility with some
> sites(you
> will see unusual memory usage).
> --

I didn't follow all the thread but Firefox has no safe-mode option at least in its man page. But one can open it normally and go to Help>Restart with add-ons disabled...

Of course creating a fresh profile is the way to go to check if the profile isn't compromised (before that I would simply clear all cookies, cache and website data).