Fedora 17 lost+found in / directory after install

George foxman54 at att.net
Thu Oct 4 14:21:28 UTC 2012

Hi all. I am a new user of Fedora 17. I am studying for the Linux
certification.
I installed Fedora 17 using Vmware Workstation 8. After I completed
the installation I checked the directories to insure that everything was
installed correctly. When looking at the / directory using the ls command
I discovered that /lost+found file was there. I thought that this file
is supposed
to show up when you choose a directory as a mount point. Could anyone
help me understand why this happened and if the lost+found file is not
supposed
to be there how can I correct the problem?

Thank you.

George