OpenOffice.org alongside LibreOffice

Doug dmcgarrett at optonline.net
Thu Oct 4 16:52:54 UTC 2012

On 10/04/2012 11:28 AM, Christopher Svanefalk wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 3, 2012 at 2:22 PM, Roger <arelem at bigpond.com
> <mailto:arelem at bigpond.com>> wrote:
>
>     On 03/10/12 19:54, Pasha R wrote:
>
>         Hi all,
>
>         Is it possible to install OOo alongside LO on F17? When I try, rpm
>         complains that "file /usr/bin/soffice from install of
>         openoffice.org3.4-freedesktop-menus-3.4-9593.noarch conflicts with
>         file from package libreoffice-core-1:3.5.6.2-4.fc17.x86_64".
>         Is there
>         a workaround?
>
>         Thanks.
>
>     Apparently we have to remove  a significant number of Libreoffice
>     systems before installing OpenOffice.
>

> I wish they would just merge back into the same trunk already.
>

>     Roger
>
>     ---
>
> Best,
>
> Christopher Svanefalk

I'm not running Fedora, I'm running PCLOS, (32-bit)  but I have  LO and
OO and Symphony all installed, and I didn't have to remove anything.
PCLOS is a KDE distro. I got LO first, of course, since it's "almost"
built in to every Linux distro nowadays, and I downloaded OO with an RPM,
and Symphony the same. (Symphony is a cousin of OO,)  I don't know if
this helps you, but it's for your information, anyway.

--doug