iptables fubared?

NOSpaze nospaze at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 20:38:34 UTC 2012

On Thu, 2012-10-04 at 12:45 -0700, Mark Space wrote:
> Hi all, I'm having a bit of trouble setting up a new web server. The
> last time I set up up it went smoothly, but for some reason I can't
> connect to the HTTP port on this one.
> Any clues what I'm missing?

You are trying to solve a problem with many variables simultaneously (I
can't even understand the purpose of your iptables rules).

Try solving one problem at the time. First: routing. If you can ping
effectively from the outside, routing is ok. Second: tcp ports. Check if
you can find the opened ports. Try debugging the problem with tcpdump.
nmap can help you check for opened ports.
--
NOSpaze <nospaze at gmail.com>