FF 15.0.1 crashing!

JD jd1008 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 02:08:12 UTC 2012

On 10/03/2012 05:58 PM, Andre Robatino wrote:
> Jack Craig <jack.craig.aptos <at> gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Thx Ruben. second day in a row, i arrive and FF is frozen! 3 days ago, i did
> an updateand what ever FF sent made it sick.
>
> Several times in the last few days, I've found Firefox
> (firefox-15.0.1-1.fc17.x86_64) sucking up 100% CPU. It wasn't completely frozen,
> just extremely sluggish. I was able to close it in the usual way and restart to
> temporarily fix it. The last time something like this happened to me was the
> leap second bug.

Don't mean to be a ditto-head
but I have been having this problem with FF
for many years now, with many versions of it.
What I find happening is that if I open video
web sites that require adobe flash, then 3 processes
spawned by the browser and flash player remain
in core and sucking up to 90% of cpu, even though
the video stopped playing many minutes and even
hours ago, These processes are:
firefox
plugin-container
pulseaudio

So, next time your machine is brought to it's
knees by FF, kill FF and then kill the other 2 procs
because they will still be sucking tons of CPU.
I say this from direct experience,