aurecord problem/question

JD jd1008 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 04:56:22 UTC 2012

On 10/04/2012 10:01 PM, JD wrote:
> # aurecord  /tmp/a1.wav
> Can't connect to audio server
>
> What server is that?
>
> pulseaudio daemon is running:
>
> jd        8829     1  1 Oct02 ?        00:44:46 /usr/bin/pulseaudio
> --start --log-target=syslog
>
> Also, in the mixer settings, Capture and Microphone Capture are checked.
> In the Options tabs, I tried both Mic1 and Mic2 (Not sure which is
> internal
> and which is external - as I do have a headset plugged), but still,
> aurecord
> exist with the same error message.

Forgot to mention that when I pass my finger over the mic hole
at the top of the laptop, I can hear the scratching sound in the speakers,
also if I place the tiny little fan near the mic hole, I can hear the sound
of the air passing over the mic. It sounds like ripples.
But, if I speak into it, no sound comes out of the speakers.
Just makes no sense (to me) why it picks up air noise, but not normal voice.