Repeated segfaults in F17

Temlakos temlakos at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 12:55:03 UTC 2012

On 10/08/2012 03:11 AM, Heinz Diehl wrote:
> On 08.10.2012, Temlakos wrote:
>
>> Beginning about an hour ago, I've been hit with a ton of application
>> terminations. All of them say the same thing: "Signal 11 (SIGSEGV). Which I
>> believe translates as "Signal segmentation violation."
> [....]
>
> I bet you have hardware problems. E.g. faulty memory, heat problems or
> something like that..
>
> You should run memtest after booting from stick/CD and/or prime95 to
> come closer to what's going on.

Several times in the past I have shut down this computer and literally
waited for it to cool off. It always seemed to work, at least nine times
out of ten. But I never really believed that things actually worked that
way. I shut it down overnight, and in the morning most of my problem
applications started working properly again.