installing Microsoft fonts: chkfontpath not found

Sergio sergiocmailbox-userlist at yahoo.com.br
Tue Oct 9 00:23:29 UTC 2012

--- Em seg, 8/10/12, manifestoe <janes.rob at gmail.com> escreveu:

> De: manifestoe <janes.rob at gmail.com>
> Assunto: Re: installing Microsoft fonts: chkfontpath not found
> Para: users at lists.fedoraproject.org
> Data: Segunda-feira, 8 de Outubro de 2012, 20:28
> Sergio,
>
> have a look here ...
>
> http://how-to.wikia.com/wiki/How_to_install_and_use_X-Windows_fonts
>
> xfontsel is part of X core fonts.
>
> fc-list will list the fonts known to Xft fonts.
>
> xlsfonts will list the fonts known to X core.
>
> Yes, I believe the rpm I pointed to should setup the fonts
> for xfontsel.  I
> don't have it installed so I can't check it.  What
> version and flavour of
> linux are you running?  I tested for this, and the ms
> core tt fonts showed
> up in both Xft and X core lists.

Thanks for that link. xfontsel uses the X core fonts (old system) and it doesn't list ms fonts (nor xlsfonts does).
I followed the guide and added /usr/share/fonts/msttcore/ to the font path in xset after creating the fonts.dir etc. but it doesn't make any difference.
I'm using Fedora 17.

But no problem.