keyboard failure that doesn't seem to be hardware

Paul Allen Newell pnewell at cs.cmu.edu
Thu Oct 11 05:44:13 UTC 2012

On 10/10/2012 10:36 PM, Ed Greshko wrote:
> OK....  I should have pointed out that I am speculating you *may* have a wonky wire or connection which results in a momentary disconnect.  I've had several of these over they years.  All caused by cats either gnawing on cables or ripping them out while playing a game of tag.  :-) :-)

Ed:

Actually, I am speculating that it may be something more interesting.
4-5 years ago, I got a newer model of my favorite keyboard and it would
not work with Fedora (either FC5 or F9). I don't have cats to gnaw on
them and the only tag that get played near the computer is writing html.

The keyboard I like is *old* .. as in 2002. Seeing another keyboard
behave the same is important.

For what it is worth, the next test will be a serious couple of long
days on one of my other F16 machines with the keyboard in question.
Then, I convert that box to F17 and if I see the problem, your sentence
of X server means alot more to me (or at least in my limited sense of
vision)

Paul