F17: How to overcome NetworkManagers /etc/resolv.conf ?

Frank Elsner frank at moltke28.B.Shuttle.DE
Thu Oct 11 16:37:57 UTC 2012

Hi ALL,
        on my just installed Fedora 17 I've a problem with /etc/resolv.conf:

Beginning of  /etc/resolv.conf reads:

              # Generated by NetworkManager
              domain domain_not_set.invalid
              search domain_not_set.invalid

The following lines for nameserver definitions are fine.

How can I ensure to have *correct* domains (I know which ones I need)
in the domain and search statement?

On my old F14 I use a "supersede" statement in /etc/dhclient.conf but this isn't
used anymore on F17 which uses /var/run/nm-dhclient-wlan0.conf (created by
                                                                NetworkManager).

Any pointer to solve this problem welcome.

Kind regards, Frank Elsner