yum upgrade problem

Temlakos temlakos at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 01:21:11 UTC 2012

On 10/11/2012 08:51 PM, pringler01 at gmail.com wrote:
> Hi, i sorry if this was already posted in the list; i was a long day
> and tomorrow holds no promises.
> Today i check for updates (using a cli) and it listed various things
> to updates (i have updates-testing enable), and some of them was from
> other repos (more specifically the remi repo). I always try to check
> the change log to know if something can affect my system and one way
> of doing it is firing up the gui and checking the details option, but
> today the gui only displays the firefox 16.0.1, this was strange but i
> didn't have much time and i updated using the cli (using the yum
> update firefox). I come back later and both the gui and cli say to me
> that there is noting more to update. First i think is something
> related to the mirrors and sync, and decided to do a yum clean all.
> That was a few hours back and still no new updates, what is wrong?
>
> Thanks.
>

> Se el cambio que quieres ver en el mundo. Ghandi

Well, for what it's worth, I used the KDE Apper to grab today's updates.
Firefox and Thunderbird each had "security" updates. Now for some
reason, the Apper didn't want to resolve itself afterward. I had to shut
down, cool off for ten minutes, and then restart for Apper to work
again. Anyone else notice the same thing?

But I did manage to get updates of both Firefox and Thunderbird. I know
because each one checked my add-ons to make sure they were compatible.

Temlakos