Fedora 17, hostapd and avoiding DHCPDISCOVER requests

Tom Horsley horsley1953 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 13 14:24:46 UTC 2012

On Sat, 13 Oct 2012 16:11:32 +0200
Kevin Wilson wrote:

>  Is there a way to tell the Network Manager **not** to send DHCP
> requests in such a case

I don't know if NetworkManager can ever be taught to be polite.
Every time I try to use NM to see if it has gotten better,
I run into something like this that it screws up, and I do
a "yum erase NetworkManager" and everything works perfectly
again.

I run hostapd on my machine at work, and NM insisted on
butting in and screwing things up, so I removed it there
and have had no problems with it since.