keyboard failure that doesn't seem to be hardware

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Sat Oct 13 19:40:03 UTC 2012

On 10/13/2012 12:24 PM, Paul Allen Newell wrote:

> All keyboards and all computers are PS2, so I won't have that variable.
> And I am already leaning to the problem being on my end, not F17's, now
> that I saw the keyboard "rise from the dead" after 10-15 minutes.

Good!  As you say, that's one less possible issue.  I hadn't known that
(you may have mentioned it before, but if so, I'd forgotten.)  Depending
on what this test shows, you might want to get a PS2/USB adapter and see
if it makes any difference.  Then, if it's the port that's unreliable,
you don't need to buy a new keyboard.