wget or curl and yousendit.com

JD jd1008 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 13 22:08:22 UTC 2012

On 10/12/2012 11:47 PM, Mark LaPierre wrote:
> On 10/12/2012 09:50 PM, JD wrote:
>> Is there a way to use wget or curl or clive to download files from
>> yousendit.com?
>> Would appreciate some examples.
>
> It looks like you have to log in to yousendit to get access to your
> file.  That would indicate that it is not scriptable with anything
> like wget.  You would have to get the login page and then provide the
> required credentials.  There is almost always a Captcha that you have
> to read and decode put there just to prevent the kind of thing you
> want to do.

Actually, no. I am not trying to access my own files that are UPLOADED
to yousendit.com
I am trying to download files that another user uplpoaded and made available
to a distribution list.
Usually, I have to click on each link and download it - no login required.
But in some of the email notifications I get from yousendit.com, the
message contains many files to download, and I am trying to avoid having
to click on each and every one, to download them.

Each file link, when you cright-click it, takes you to the full link of
the file,
and you can then use that link as an arg to wget.