No kyb/mouse hang - Re: F16 on Lenovo x120e - cannot resume out of suspend mode

Eddie G. O'Connor Jr. eoconnor25 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 14 21:15:07 UTC 2012

> On 10/14/2012 04:30 PM, Gordon Messmer wrote:
>> On 10/14/2012 01:01 PM, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
>>> It is the ONLY user account on this system.  Well other than root.
>>
>> So, add another account and see if it's affected the same way.
>> That'll tell you whether the problem is somewhere in the system or in
>> your user profile.
>>
>> If the new user account is affected, start looking in /var/log. Look
>> at the messages file to determine when the system last booted before
>> the problem began.  Then look at yum's log to see what patches were
>> applied recently.
>
> Let's see.  On Oct 2 I did a large update then rebooted.  Sep 23 was
> the prior update.
>
> Then on Oct 7 I installed Kismet to try and figure out my son's appt
> wireless mess.  Was not successful, and just switched to wired.  But
> Kismet is on the system still and the problems started shortly after
> the install (on the 9th).
>
> So how can I tell if Kismet server is running?  I suppose unistalling
> it might be wise.
Just my "two cents"?.....make sure there are no "dependencies" that are
attached to Kismet before you un-install it. I had a nightmare situation
where I had installed something (can't remember now....it was between
F12 & F14....I think!) and when I did the uninstall, and that little
window popped open telling me that there were dependencies that would
"go" along with the app I was ditching, I didn't notice that there were
some things on that list that I NEEDED.......long story short....By F15
I was installing from scratch, because I was a little too "quick" with
the click-finger!

EGO II