Contact list for KDE user?

jarmo oh1mrr at nic.fi
Mon Oct 15 16:17:51 UTC 2012

Mon, 15 Oct 2012 16:02:22 +0100
Timothy Murphy <gayleard at eircom.net> kirjoitti:

> As far as I can see, KAddressBook/Kontact has become
> completely non-functional,
> with entered contacts being entirely invisible
> except when exported as a CSV list.
>
> In my experience, KAddressBook has always been pretty bad,
> but it has now become, as I said, completely useless.
> (I asked about this on the KDE mailing list,
> but the only response I got was from someone else
> who said he had the same experience.)
>
> I'm beginning to think that maybe Google Contacts
> is the only practical solution?

Same here, lost lots of adresses, in some update, can't find them
anymore. Same as lots of saved messages. Whole KDEPIM mystery is
unusable for me.
I started to use Claws-Mail. There I can store mails and adresses into
readable format and read them with ordinary editor.

And it's this stupid Akonadi/Nepomut nonsense... GRRRR!