LIST-MODERATION ... Re: Purge old eth1, add new nic as eth0

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 20:42:59 UTC 2012

On Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 01:29:20PM -0700, Joe Zeff wrote:
> On 10/15/2012 12:57 PM, JD wrote:
> >Well, you are not THE assigned moderator.
> >With your responses, you will be drawing quite a bit
> >of ire at yourself and perhaps at fedora as well, and drive
> >people away from fedora.
> >So, keep it up, and see how it will be for you.
>
> I don't think you understand what's been going on here.  Reindl
> Harald's posts to this list have been delayed for over 24 hours for
> over a month now.  I know that the hold-up isn't at his end because
> emails he's sent to me directly get through right away.  For some
> reason, his posts *and only his posts* are being held up, and he
> thinks it's because somebody is holding them for moderation and
> doing a very slow job of it.  I don't know if he's right or not, but
> I'll admit that I don't have an alternative explanation to offer.

As I noted in a previous message, the owners do moderate specific
subscribers from time to time.  Reindl Harald is on this list, and the
reasons why were explained to him.  Due to various owner vacations and
other unavailability, the delay incurred by moderation was
unreasonable and excessive.  Again, sorry for that failure and we'll
do better.

I'll also raise the topic with the owners about lifting his
moderation, which will likely be contingent on keeping the list
content productive and in keeping with the Fedora code of conduct.