keyboard failure that doesn't seem to be hardware

Paul Allen Newell pnewell at cs.cmu.edu
Tue Oct 16 00:22:32 UTC 2012

On 10/15/2012 4:57 PM, Paul Johnson wrote:

> Hi!
> I am nearly certain this is accidental triggering of SLOW KEYS , a
> feature to assist the physically impaired. It gets triggered if you
> rest your finger on the shift key for 10 seconds. The kb is not dead,
> but slow. Rest finger in shift 10 seconds again, slow keys turns off.
>  Ways exist to reconfigure, there is a long bug report in the reshot
> bugzilla. I can't send link from this phone,  but you should search .
> You'll find my name );
> Pj

Pj:

Thanks for the reply. I have tried all the tests suggested regarding
slow keys and nothing has come up positive. Multiple times this has
happened while typing at a speed better than hunt and peck but slower
than full-on "proper touch typing". I'll check out your suggestion with
a search, but I am more inclined to believe it is related to X as others
have suggested.

Paul