Wanted, one complete, concise Samba setup HOWTO

Doug dmcgarrett at optonline.net
Tue Oct 16 15:55:09 UTC 2012

On 10/16/2012 06:05 AM, linux guy wrote:
> Once again I am trying to set up Samba for access by Linux and Windows
> machines and once again I am experiencing issues.   The biggest issue
> being the dreaded "Access Denied" error when trying to open the share
> from Dolphin, though Samba4K does the same thing.
>
> What I really need is a concise guide to setting up Samba that
> includes everything.  Most guides talk about setting up samba.conf.  I
> need one that covers everything.
>
> Anyone know of a good reference for this ?
>
> Thanks
I second that. I have been searching for a simple instruction on
how to set up a peer-to-peer network that includes Windows
(Win 7 and XP) and Linux, and does so in plain English.  My
Win 7 knows there is a printer attached to my Linux machine,
  but can't send to it, and my Linux machine knows there is a
doug-PC, but can't read any files on that Windows machine.

--doug