Suggestion for F19

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Wed Oct 17 19:02:35 UTC 2012

On 10/17/2012 11:50 AM, Fedora User wrote:
> On Tue, 2012-10-16 at 14:11 -0700, Joe Zeff wrote:
>> I've just joined the Fedora Project and, after a fair amount of fumbling
>> around, managed to add Bernhardt as a suggestion to the bottom of the
>
> As the neighborhood cynic let me say that I usually forget the name of
> the distro after a week or so. I'm still trying to get past Froyo,
> Gingerbread and Ice Cream Sandwich as something that grownups use.

Me too, for the most part.  And, you'll note, very few people ever used
the version names before F17.  I like the fact that F18 will be
Spherical Cow, because it's something of a reducto ad absurdum.  The
reason I'm suggesting Bernhardt for F19 is as a tribute to the origin of
the Fedora hat.  (BTW, if we can get it accepted, we could then suggest
Trilby for F20, because it's a variation on the Fedora that was
introduced in a play of that name.  No, I'm not an expert on hats; I
just have too much time on my hands that gets spent wandering around
Wikipedia.)